Lesson 2: It Starts Here: Concept and Premise
As an Architect and Builder of a story, the very first step is figuring out your CONCEPT and PREMISE.
Your novel begins right here.
Concept and Premise
You must understand these two concepts.
If you do your novel will be much easier to write.
IS BUILT AROUND A UNIQUE
THAT CAN BE PITCHED IN
ONE TO THREE
WHAT IF A MAN CAME DOWN FROM THE HEAVENS
AND PROMISED ETERNAL LIFE?
- A protagonist whose life is interrupted or disrupted
- Relates to a specific problem, need, or opportunity
- Launching a quest, mission…with the desired outcome
- Reasons or important stakes that compel the character to respond, then resolve the issues
- In the face of opposition (which is the antagonist/entity) will oppose goals and their own motivation.
- This calls for higher and higher or (stronger) responses and course of action, which evolve an attack on the problem.
- Leading towards a courageous resolution resulting from the hero’s decisions and actions
- Setting up a specific outcome
Thank you Larry Brooks for your Concept and Premise